السبت 01 نوفمبر 2014

الأقسام الرئيسية
الصفحة الرئيسية
الأخبــار
اختبار القدرات
إختيار التخصص
مواعيد التسجيل
الابتعاث الجامعي
دليل الجامعات
الدراسات العليا
تعلم اللغة الإنجليزية
دليل الطالب للقبول في الجامعات
طور نفسك وارتقي بها
الأرشيف
برنامج رسالة المستقبل
الأقسام الخدمية
وظائف جامعية
التعليم الأهلي الجامعي
إدارة معادلة الشهادات
مواضيع تعليمية
مواقع مفيدة
خدمات

الاستفتاء

مساحة إعلانية
التعليم الأهلي الجامعي
 
جامعة الاسكندرية

جامعة الاسكندرية

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND

 

 

 
 
 
 

In 1938, the nucleus of the Alexandria University had its beginning in the form of two satellite faculties of Fouad the First University. These were the faculties of Arts and Law. The faculty of Engineering was then established in 1941.

In the light of the need for developing more disciplines for higher learning and with a view towards meeting the need of the people of Alexandria, Alexandria University, formerly known as Farouk University, became a separate entity in August 1942 with four additional faculties: Science, Commerce, Medicine and Agriculture.

In 1952, it became "Alexandria University". Since then, the University witnessed growth and expansion in several fields: the number of Faculties and high institutes increased to 30. Some example of them are as follows:

  • Faculty of Nursing, 1954 (formerly, High Institute of Nursing)

  • Faculty of Pharmacy, 1956

  • High Institute of Public Health, 1963

  • Faculty of Education, 1969

  • Faculty of Dentistry, 1971

  • Medical Research Institute, 1971

  • Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, 1974

  • Institute of Graduate Studies & Research, 1983

  • Faculty of Tourism and Hotels, 1983

Alexandria University supervised the establishment of four satellite faculties in the Nile Delta. Those were: Faculty of Medicine in 1962 and Faculties of Science (1969) in Tanta (currently Tanta University), Education and Agriculture in 1969 in Kafr-Elsheikh (currently Kafr-Elsheikh University), which composed the nucleus of Tanta University.

 

Seven other Faculties were established in Damanhour, the capital of Behera Governorate: the Faculty of Education (1980), the Faculties of Arts, Agriculture, and Commerce (1983), and, very recently, three new Faculties: Science, Veterinary Medicine, and Nursing (2007).

In 1989, the Faculties and Institute affiliated to Helwan University and located in Alexandria joined the University by a Presidential Decree: four Faculties of Physical Education for men,  Physical Education for women, fine Arts, and agriculture at Saba-Basha.

A Faculty of Basic Education was also established in 1991 in Marsa-Matrouh Governorate, 300 Km west of Alexandria. In 1998, two Faculties affiliated to the ministry of Higher Education, joined the University: Kindergarten Teachers Training, and Specific Education.

Believing in its role towards Arab and African countries, Alexandria University established in 1960 in Beirut, Lebanon, "Beirut Arab University" which is run and supervised by educational and administrative cadres from Alexandria University. Very recently, Alexandria University is working on the establishment of a branch in Juba, south of Sudan, and in N'djamena in Tchad.

  Special Programs  

 

Faculty of Medecine

 

 

 Faculty of Engineering

 

 


عدد الزوار: 694
مساحة إعلانية